Since the ancient times, women have been using tampons to absorb blood from their menstrual flow and avoid getting humiliated in public. Of course, as centuries went by manufacturers began making napkins, which serve the same purpose – absorb the blood to prevent it from leaking to the outer clothing.
While this can be something women can get used to, it does not change the fact that napkins and tampons are not ideal for everyone. Fortunately, there is another option – introducing the menstrual cup.
Unlike the tampons, the silicone menstrual cup does not absorb the fluid but collect it. How does it do that? This cup for period is placed at the opening of the vagina, so all the blood does not leak out. Here are some simple reasons why a period cup is better than tampons or even napkins:
- Your skin will not be in contact with the fluid. Tampons and napkins may offer a solution to menstrual flow, but what they do is just absorb it. This cloth is still in contact with your vagina, and it may lead to irritation.
- Heavy flows may dampen the cloth, leaving a stain outside. Women understand that there are times where their menstrual flow is heavy. In such situations, the napkins or tampons may become damp, thus leaving a stain on their outer clothing.
- No need to buy over and over again. If you want to use a menstrual cup, you just have to buy a good brand and quality you can use it in the years to come. On the other hand, tampons and napkins are non-reusable, which means you need to buy every time you have your period.
These are just some of the practical reasons why it is better to use menstrual cups than the traditional tampons and napkins. However, women can still choose which one they would prefer.
If you have decided you want to get a period cup but you don’t know where to buy menstrual cups, here are some options:
- Physical pharmacies and drugstores in your area.
- Online stores and retailers
When choosing a menstrual cup, make sure that it is made out of medical grade silicone and not the cheaper ones. There are other types of silicone that may not be safe or cause irritation to your vagina. Pick a reliable and trusted brand so you can enjoy the benefits of using the period cup.
Since the dawn of time, women have been worrying about their period and when it will strike next. This is especially true for those who have irregular cycles. You can’t help but wonder how it manages to ruin your most important commitment or meeting. What’s more troublesome is putting in napkins and tampons that just can’t get the job done.
Fortunately, the period cup became a popular choice among women both young and old. This cup can be made out of medical grade silicone and can easily last for many years. Yes, that’s right, this is a reusable menstrual cup that can save you on your wet days.
Here’s how you use it:
- Pinch both sides of the cup until you create a “U” shape. In this shape, it would be easier for you to insert the cup into your vagina.
- Place one finger at the top of the cup and push down until it creates a conical shape. After doing this, the edge of the cup where the two sides meet would be much smaller than the base.
- Using your free hand, spread your vaginal labia as you prepare to insert the cup. If you’re doing it for the first time, use a mirror for convenience.
- Carefully insert the menstrual cup inside your vagina, making sure that your thumb and index fingers hold it in place.
- Once the cup is full, pull its stem until you reach the base.
- Slowly take out the period cup and dispose its contents in the toilet.
- Wash with warm water and an oil free soap before reinserting.
It is important to note that taking out the cup depends on the amount of menstruation flow. Most people recommend taking it out twice a day or within a 12-hour cycle.
Where can you purchase a menstrual cup?
There are various manufacturers that claim their product is the best menstrual cup. However, if you want to make sure, check out some menstrual cup comparison articles and reviews to make an informed decision.
One popular option nowadays is iCare Menstrual Cup, which is locally made in Australia. It has been receiving positive reviews over the last several months, ensuring that it is indeed a quality product that women can trust. The iCare Menstrual Cup is available in both online and physical stores all over the country. When buying from an online seller, just make sure they can provide an authentic product.
Have you been using tampons or napkins all your life and you want something that can possibly be a better option? Have you experienced getting embarrassed in public because of bloodstains on your jeans or shorts? If your answer to both questions is a yes, then you may need to choose a female menstrual cup instead.
What are menstruation cups?
Menstruation cups are made of medical-grade silicone that can be used to collect the menstrual flow, preventing it from leaking and staining the outer clothing. These silicone cups are great alternatives for menstruating women, mainly because it is very easy to use.
Are these effective? How do I use them?
Women have been using menstrual cups for many years, and they only have good things to say about these cups. Unlike using tampons or napkins, you do not have to buy a menstrual cup online over and over again. Just buy a high quality cup, and it can easily last for many years.
Menstruation cups are easy to use. Just pinch both sides of the cup, hold down one finger on its top, and slowly insert it into your vagina. Make sure you part your labia using your free hand. Insert it just enough until the stem below is right at the opening. In your wet days, you can take out and empty the fluids in the cup twice a day.
Where to buy a menstrual cup?
Period cups can easily be found in drugstores and pharmacies in your area. However, there are some practical tips and pointers when shopping for this product:
- Check the store – Before you buy a period cup from a physical or online store, make sure to check the reputation and credibility of the seller. Are they known for selling counterfeit items? If yes, steer away from them.
- Inspect the brand – It is always better to buy a branded item rather than something that does not have a label. That way you can easily contact the manufacturer if something goes wrong.
- Consider the quality – Never buy any menstrual cup. There are cheaper silicones that could irritation and even infection. Only medical-grade silicone can be used for a quality period cup.
Take note of these reminders if you want to find the best period cup to suit your needs. You don’t have to worry about size because this cup comes in various sizes.