Since the dawn of time, women have been worrying about their period and when it will strike next. This is especially true for those who have irregular cycles. You can’t help but wonder how it manages to ruin your most important commitment or meeting. What’s more troublesome is putting in napkins and tampons that just can’t get the job done.
Fortunately, the period cup became a popular choice among women both young and old. This cup can be made out of medical grade silicone and can easily last for many years. Yes, that’s right, this is a reusable menstrual cup that can save you on your wet days.
Here’s how you use it:
- Pinch both sides of the cup until you create a “U” shape. In this shape, it would be easier for you to insert the cup into your vagina.
- Place one finger at the top of the cup and push down until it creates a conical shape. After doing this, the edge of the cup where the two sides meet would be much smaller than the base.
- Using your free hand, spread your vaginal labia as you prepare to insert the cup. If you’re doing it for the first time, use a mirror for convenience.
- Carefully insert the menstrual cup inside your vagina, making sure that your thumb and index fingers hold it in place.
- Once the cup is full, pull its stem until you reach the base.
- Slowly take out the period cup and dispose its contents in the toilet.
- Wash with warm water and an oil free soap before reinserting.
It is important to note that taking out the cup depends on the amount of menstruation flow. Most people recommend taking it out twice a day or within a 12-hour cycle.
Where can you purchase a menstrual cup?
There are various manufacturers that claim their product is the best menstrual cup. However, if you want to make sure, check out some menstrual cup comparison articles and reviews to make an informed decision.
One popular option nowadays is iCare Menstrual Cup, which is locally made in Australia. It has been receiving positive reviews over the last several months, ensuring that it is indeed a quality product that women can trust. The iCare Menstrual Cup is available in both online and physical stores all over the country. When buying from an online seller, just make sure they can provide an authentic product.